Sunday, June 2, 2013

For Dad


The day that my dad died
It hurt so much, I cried
To the end he lived well
The stories he could tell
Then to the hospital he went
Like other times before he'd spent
Nurses playfully teasing
While pains they were easing.
A rupture of an incision
Required hard decision
Wait for all of us to come
Unanimity in sum
Of his children I was the last
To fate and future I was cast
Brought my children and wife
To celebrate his life
But in coma he remained
On life support sustained
He'd resisted so strong
Coming back all along
It was hard to believe
From death there's no reprieve
He lingered unconscious waiting
For the last child anticipating
When all of us assembled
We embraced and trembled
A good man the world was losing
To the call of Master's choosing.
When he died it became his truce
Those who knew him called him Bruce.

2 comments:

  1. Tribute to my father who passed away over ten years thirteen years ago a few days shy of his 86th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him he was always fun. I remember when he was building his house and we went out there to see it. We talked about the ribs of the house.

    ReplyDelete