Wednesday, May 29, 2013

First In Her Family


In her family she was born the shining star.
She grew up most intelligent of all by far.
How could she do anything but succeed?
All she needed was some advice to heed.

With her gifted beauty, she had the look.
Attentions of boys she always could hook.
Charming mere mortals to their bended knees,
Gaining attention of all with great ease.

When we met, she was already well on her way.
So lending encouragement was easy to say.
Her combination of beauty and brains was rare;
No other could compete or begin to compare.

When she finally received her bachelor's degree,
First in her family was her mother's decree.
I was very proud of her and what she'd endured,
Her life she had changed and her future assured.

To me she became an adopted daughter,
Being her best friend I had also taught her.
I said I would do anything to help her; it was a fact,
Commitment to her shining future I would never retract.

1 comment: